Quantcast

Delaunay triangulation code in JTS 1.11

Martin Davis
Some might be interested to know that the JTS 1.11 will contain code for
building Delaunay triangulations.  The code is quite robust and is very
fast.

It might be interesting to compare this to the code in the OpenJUMP JTin
API and see if there's any advantage to using one or the other.

I also would like to get feedback about the JTS triangulation API (ie to
see if there are enhancements which would be useful).

If anyone is interested in a pre-release version I can provide that on
request.

RE: Delaunay triangulation code in JTS 1.11

Johnathan Kool
Hi Martin - I'd be interested in taking a look at the API.  I've been doing
a lot of work with triangulations lately (been using a modified version of
the code from VisAd), and have a number of features I've been working with.

Thanks,

Johnathan

Re: Delaunay triangulation code in JTS 1.11

Martin Davis
Ok, I'll make a beta version available shortly, and post the location to
the list.

Johnathan Kool wrote:

> Hi Martin - I'd be interested in taking a look at the API.  I've been doing
> a lot of work with triangulations lately (been using a modified version of
> the code from VisAd), and have a number of features I've been working with.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Johnathan

mbedward
Hi Martin,

This is great news - thanks !

I'd also be interested in having a sticky beak at the pre-release
code.  I've recently been using the OpenJump code, slightly hacked.

cheers
Michael