Last point in createArc

Jim Kay
Last point in createArc

As a jts newbie - I might have got this wrong!
It looks like the createArc function does not create a point at the end of the arc. Whilst this is OK for some applications, e.g. stringing arcs together; it is not OK for others.

If this is correct, please could you add a (boolean) option to create the last point if required.

Also, I tend to reuse GeometricShapeFactory for different objects, and I have noticed that for arcs if Width and Height have been (previously) set then these supersede Size (which I am setting to the diameter for circular arcs). Would it be possible to allow setting the Width and Height to zero and so allow the Size to dominate?

Jim

Jim Kay
Senior Engineer
Interfleet Technology Ltd
email:  [hidden email]
tel:    +44 (0) 1332 223229
fax:    +44 (0) 1332 223181
mobile: +44 (0) 7715 536828
web:    www.interfleet-technology.com

Interfleet Technology Ltd
Interfleet House
Pride Parkway
Derby
DE24 8HX

Interfleet Technology Ltd

Interfleet Technology's email disclaimer is found via the following

Registered Offices:
http://www.interfleet-technology.com/offices.asp

Re: Last point in createArc

Martin Davis
Jim, thanks for the feedback.

The omission of the terminating point of an arc is a bug.  Would it be
acceptable to just change this so that the method always creates a
terminating point?

I'm surprised that you're finding that  setting width and height
overrides a subsequent size setting.  From the code it looks like this
should *not* be the case - the last setting should be the one which
takes effect.  Can you provide some test code which exhibits this behaviour?

Martin