Quantcast

Question on use cases of JTS, trianguation API

Question on use cases of JTS, trianguation API

Dinomir
 From my side, I would love to be able to get the inverse - voronoi
polygons. While this is relatively simple, what I am desperately looking
for would be a java implementation of the CGAL algorithm for segment
voronois (I really don't speak C :( ):
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/3.1/doc_html/cgal_manual/Segment_Voronoi_diagram_2/Chapter_main.html

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Question on use cases of JTS, trianguation API

Martin Davis
Voronoi polygons are in the works - hopefully to be finalized this week.

Unfortunately for you, these will be based on a point Voronoi diagram,
not a line Voronoi (which I assume is the equivalent of the CGAL
"segment Voronoi"?).  Line Voronois are a much trickier beast to
handle.  Without a good chunk of funding and time I don't see them
appearing in JTS any time soon.

Martin Tomko wrote:

> From my side, I would love to be able to get the inverse - voronoi
> polygons. While this is relatively simple, what I am desperately
> looking for would be a java implementation of the CGAL algorithm for
> segment voronois (I really don't speak C :( ):
> http://www.cgal.org/Manual/3.1/doc_html/cgal_manual/Segment_Voronoi_diagram_2/Chapter_main.html
>

> Thanks,
> Martin

Re: Question on use cases of JTS, trianguation API

Dinomir
Thank you Martin,
well, you were asking what people want ;)
I will keep an eye on the point based algorithm, and maybe I will get a
chance to have a look at the CGAL algorithm (it is actually published in
a paper, I have the reference somewhere), so maybe I could port it. But
yes, that also needs time.
Cheers
Martin