Quantcast

Serialized Spatial Indexes on Google App Engine

Serialized Spatial Indexes on Google App Engine

Stuart Moffatt
All,

There are many reasons to persist a spatial index. Mine is I want to
re-use a spatial index in my GIS app on the Google App Engine cloud,
but do not have access to the file system. My only option is to
persist the spatial index in the App Engine datastore, which expects
all objects to be serializable.

Here is my first attempt at making the STRtree serializable:
http://code.google.com/p/giscloud/wiki/SerializedSpatialIndexes

Martin -- you suggested I make these changes and send up a patch, but
without the source code actually in the tree, it is difficult to patch
against. Do you have any suggestions as to the best way I can pass you
my changes / additions?

Best regards,
Stuart Moffatt

Ph.D. student ~ http://home.gwu.edu/~sfm