Spatial Queries using the within function

Spatial Queries using the within function

Michael McCarthy-3
Hi all,

This may be somewhere between a JTS question and a Hibernate Spatial
query, apologies if I have completely the wrong list for this...

I'm using Hibernate Spatial with MySQL and have Point information for
various buildings. If a user enters their postcode I want to find how
many of these buildings are within a certain distance of them (say,
5km). All my points have been constructed from the same coordinate
system.

I want to use the Hibernate Spatial 'within' function but to do that I
need to pass it a geometry representing my bounding circle or rectangle.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can do that? Jody mentioned the H2
module, I have found a few JavaDocs on it but can't find one of the
Wiki pages about it (I like the Wiki lots my the way)

Your advice is much appreciated!
Michael