Sweep Line

Jody Marca
I saw com.vividsolutions.jts.index.sweepline package but I don't found any example or tutorial that explain me how to use it.
Could someone help me?
Regards
  Jody

Re: Sweep Line

Sunburned Surveyor
Jody,

I took a look at the Javadoc for the Sweepline code, and it doesn't
appear to contain any examples. That probably means that there aren't
any examples. Perhaps some of the other JTS users have some examples
that they could share.

You could try posting the problem that you are trying to solve with
the sweepline code. That may prompt some good feedback and suggestions
from other users. In fact, you may find that JTS contains a solution
that will work better than a solution using the sweepline code.

The Sunburned Surveyor

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Jody Marca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I saw com.vividsolutions.jts.index.sweepline package but I don't found any
> example or tutorial that explain me how to use it.
> Could someone help me?
> Regards
>   Jody

Re: Sweep Line

Jody Marca
I have to test the disjoin property betwen polygons representing buildings; i have a large dataset (about 50000 features) so i want to use linesweep but i dont know how use it

Jody

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Sunburned Surveyor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Jody,

I took a look at the Javadoc for the Sweepline code, and it doesn't
appear to contain any examples. That probably means that there aren't
any examples. Perhaps some of the other JTS users have some examples
that they could share.

You could try posting the problem that you are trying to solve with
the sweepline code. That may prompt some good feedback and suggestions
from other users. In fact, you may find that JTS contains a solution
that will work better than a solution using the sweepline code.

The Sunburned Surveyor

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Jody Marca <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I saw com.vividsolutions.jts.index.sweepline package but I don't found any
> example or tutorial that explain me how to use it.
> Could someone help me?
> Regards
>   Jody

Re: Sweep Line

Have a look at SweeplineNestedRingTester - it is currently the only
remaining class in JTS which uses sweepline.

(You are best to load the JTS source into an IDE and inspect it that way
- that will tell you where classes are used, and let you inspect them in
action).

Generally sweepline has been superseded by the tree-based spatial
indexes (STRtree and Quadtree).  The reason for this is that they are
updatable (quadtree anyway) and more general-purpose than sweepline.
There's lot of examples of using them.

You should also check out PreparedGeometry, for efficient intersects
testing.