Quantcast

Translation for "conflation"

Ziegler Stefan
Scalix message content
Hi
we are going to use JCS for some verification processes of cadastral surveying. I intend to write an article about it. Is there a suitable german translation for "conflation"? dict.leo.org gives me "Verschmelzung" but I'm not sure if it describes what it should?

regards
Stefan

Mit freundlichem Gruss
Stefan Ziegler
Leiter Aufsicht

Kanton Solothurn
Bau- und Justizdepartement
Amt für Geoinformation
Rötistrasse 4
4501 Solothurn
Telefon 032 627 75 96
Telefax 032 627 75 98
[hidden email]
http://www.so.ch

Re: Translation for "conflation"

Martin Davis
Keine Ahnung!

If this is the definition that you're seeing, it looks fine to me:

        *conflate * - *verbinden, verschmelzen, zusammenführen *
Quellen Source: DEBENHAM, H. (2002). The Victorian Sensation Novel. In:
BAKER, W., WOMACK, K.. "A Companion to the Victorian Novel". Westport:
Greenwood Publishing, p. 216. (bottom line)
Context: ...; and, most famously, she [Lady Audley] exposes the
Victorian conflation of feminine assertion with madness.
Source: Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Context: con•flate /k{shwa}n'fle{I}t/ verb [vn] (formal) to put two or
more things together to make one new thing

It's great to hear that JCS is being used....

Martin

Ziegler Stefan wrote:

> Hi
> we are going to use JCS for some verification processes of cadastral
> surveying. I intend to write an article about it. Is there a suitable
> german translation for "conflation"? dict.leo.org gives me
> "Verschmelzung" but I'm not sure if it describes what it should?
>
> regards
> Stefan
>
> Mit freundlichem Gruss
> Stefan Ziegler
> Leiter Aufsicht
>
> Kanton Solothurn
> Bau- und Justizdepartement
> Amt für Geoinformation
> Rötistrasse 4
> 4501 Solothurn
> Telefon 032 627 75 96
> Telefax 032 627 75 98
> [hidden email]
> http://www.so.ch

Re: Translation for "conflation"

Stefan Steiniger
Hei Stefan,

mhm.. difficult.
I also use the term conflation with a deffinition, if there is one.
Another option in german would be "Datenintegration" or
"Daten-Zusammenfuehrung".

I actually stumbled over this word the first time in relation to JUMP -
so I know it now for 4 years and it becomes more and more popular since.

maybe a few more German speaking guys are listening to that list and
have suggestions [Matthias?]? Even French translations could help
[Michael?]?

stefan

Re: Re: Translation for "conflation"

michaelm-2
Hi,

> I also use the term conflation with a deffinition, if there is one.
> Another option in german would be "Datenintegration" or
> "Daten-Zusammenfuehrung".
>
> I actually stumbled over this word the first time in relation to JUMP
> - so I know it now for 4 years and it becomes more and more popular
> since.
>
> maybe a few more German speaking guys are listening to that list and
> have suggestions [Matthias?]? Even French translations could help
> [Michael?]?
I also learnt the meaning of conflation with JCS ;-)
Google (oxford press) says it means : " to put two or more things
together to make one new thing"
In french I generally use the term "appariement", but the exact meaning
of "appariement" is closer to "matching" so that I have no precise word
for "conflation".

Michaël