(no subject)

Anke Trittenbach
Is the PrecisionModell integrated in the geometrical operations of JTS? If this is the case, for what is the PrecisionModell used in these operations? For which use is the PrecisionModell in general exactly?

Many have also suggested that I could work with a tolerance. Thereby the renewed queries could be answered  with true whether an educated intersection lies on one of the lines. Why does JTS not use such a tolerance?

--
Nur bis 31.05.: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und
Telefonanschluss nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02

PrecisionModel semantics

Martin Davis
Anke,

Yes, the PrecisionModel is integrated into some geometrical operations
of JTS.  As I said in an earlier post, the PM is used in all operations
which compute a new geometry.  The operations ensure that new geometry
meets the PM which is supplied with the input geometries (or
independently, in some cases).  This is useful, since sometimes JTS is
used to process geometry which comes from systems which have a more
restricted PM than double-precision.  By using an appropriate PM, JTS
will compute new geometry which can be stored back into those systems
with no problems of topology collapse.

JTS currently does not support using a tolerance for the spatial
predicates.  This could be a useful extension - I'd certainly be
interested in exploring this possibility, especially if there was a
funded project to support it.