trying to compile JTS 1.10

Alex Djioev
Dear All,

I'm trying to compile JTS jar from the source for uDig project. At this
moment udig depends on JTS v1.10 so I need this particular version. I
found sources at sourceforge, downloaded/unpacked but wasn't been able
to find any build scripts. Next I've decided to checked out sources from
CVS at cvs.jump-project.org:/home/cvs/jts but found out that project
hasn't been tagged since version 1.8. So I have tried to do a checkout
based on a date for v1.10 (Fri Jan 02 2009 20:19) but after doing
directory diff on checkout version against the packed JTS from
sourceforge I found that they are not identical (the reason is that some
file where moved in cvs and lost their history). Last thing I did was
copying ant build.xml from repository into the sourceforge 1.10 version
and run it. It sort of works but I get compile errors
(IndexedPointInAreaLocator.java is in jts.algorithm AND
jts.algorithm.locate packages, also they are different in sizes and
jts.geomgraph.GeometryGraph.java breaks as it doesn't know which one to
pick).

My question: how do I build jts.jar version 1.10?

Thanks you

Alexandre Djioev
Software Engineer

Re: trying to compile JTS 1.10

Jody Garnett-2
Hi Alex:

I know martin uses Ant; but I do not see the build file in the download.

uDig is actually happy using the jts jar for 1.10 as published - building from source is a customer request.

Some notes - we tend to manipulate the jts jar a bit (splitting it into source and binary jars) for publication to a maven repository.

Some of this is written down here:

But it amounts to:

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.vividsolutions -DartifactId=jts -Dversion=1.9 -Dfile=C:\java\jts\lib\jts-1.9.jar -Dpackaging=jar -DrepositoryId=refractions -Durl=dav:http://lists.refractions.net/m2

Cheers,
Jody